Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Well, good afternoon (almost), everyone!  I hope that you all had a nice week-end and a good start to the new week.  So far, so good here!  I have not got the pictures ready for you yet.  Still me-procrastinator extraordinaire!  Sorry, some things (and people) will never change.  LOL!  Thanks for dealing with me. ;)  Good news though:  I did get the right day for the recipes... again!  I know major accomplishment, right?!  Well, apparently for me it is!  Anyway back to the recipe(s).  I have decided to go through some of my cookbooks to try and find some new recipes for you all.  I think that you will enjoy the two I have chosen for today.  (I have tried both and trust me they are worth making)!  These recipes have both come out of our town's cookbook from a couple of years ago.  And both recipes were submitted by the same person.  A relative of our family V.G.  They are yummy. 

So the first recipe might be a little more diet friendly but, trust me delicious anyway. 

 FLUFFY PEANUT BUTTER DIP

1/2 c peanut butter
18 oz low fat vanilla yogurt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c cool whip free

Combine all ingredients and mix well.

This is a great dip for apple, banana, and other fruit slices as well as for nuts.  YUMMY!


This next recipe is not so diet friendly.  This is for:

FUDGE PUDDLES

1/2 c butter
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.  Chill for 1 hour.  Shape into 48 (1") balls.  Place in greased mini muffin pans.  Bake at 325* for 14 mins.  Remove from oven, make wells in center.  Cool in pans for 5 mins.  Remove from pans and fill with fudge filling.

FUDGE FILLING

1 c milk chocolate chips
1 c semi sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c chopped nuts

In a double boiler over water, melt choc chips; stir in milk and vanilla.  Use a small pitcher to pour mixture into peanut butter shells.  Sprinkle with nuts.

These are another highly addictive little YUM!!!!!!  Beware! 

Alright so, if you are not craving chocolate yet, you mustn't like chocolate.  I now have drool all over my keyboard.  Just kidding. 

TIP***** I just read a little blurb on Facebook that if you want to knock a cold out within a day or two, to take  a mixture of;

1 tsp honey (they said that "raw" is the best)
1/4 tsp cinnamon

It said to take 2 times a day for 3 days.  With all of the sickness that seems to be going around, I thought that this might be helpful.  I haven't had the need (yet) to try it so, I can't tell you from experience.  But, it seems pretty simple, inexpensive, and tasty to get rid of a cold.  As a footnote it also said this mixture is also useful in lowering blood pressure, blood sugar, and it acts as a pain reliever for arthritis.  It might be worth a try for ya.  I will definitely give it a shot.  Thought I would share with you all in case someone is in need.  Hope that it helps.

Have a great day, all!

Warm and primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment