Wednesday, December 19, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY ON WEDNESDAY. WELL, AT LEAST IT'S NOT THURSDAY! ;)

Good morning everyone.  The first thing that I want  to say is my thoughts and prayers are and have been with those devastated by the Sandy Hook Elementary shootings.  I have cried I think every day.  It seems that you just start to think that you can move on and then there is another picture or story of the heroes or the innocent children.  It is very hard to bear, let alone try to understand.  I truly do pray that we as a country NEVER have to see or endure such a tragedy like this again.  I know that this is not very realistic but, I surely can hope for it!  I remember growing up and never even having our house doors locked at night.  My mom would leave her purse right out in the unlocked car in our front yard.  Those days are gone and far worse ones are here.  It is sad that our amazing country doesn't feel quite so amazing at this moment.  But, we do have to try and move forward and make things better for the children of our future.  I pray that as a nation, we can and will do that! 

Now, on a much lighter note, I need to get going with Temptation Tuesday!

 Yes, I do realize that once again,  I am late as usual.  I am a procrastinator through and through.  In my defense though it is a hectic time of year and add to that appointments and I very much tend to put things off for a bit.  That is.... until I am reminded that I need to post!  Thanks Samantha! ;PPPPPP  Well, I trust that you are all extremely busy right now as well so I won't drag out today's post.

I thought that maybe some candies would be the right thing to put on for today, so here goes;

TIGER BUTTER CANDY

1 lb white chocolate  (I use Bakers white chocolate and Nestle)
1/2 c peanut butter (I prefer the creamy but the original recipe calls for crunchy, you decide)
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips  

Melt white chocolate in microwave about 5-8 mins; stirring about once per minute.  It might take less time in your microwave.  Stir in peanut butter, quickly spread mixture on wax paper coated cookie sheet.  In a separate bowl, melt chocolate chips, about 2-4 mins.  Drizzle over the peanut butter layer and swirl it in using a knife to make the swirls.  Refrigerate until firm, then break into pieces.  Makes about 1 1/2 lbs of yummy delicious candy.  Looks great as a gift in a tin.  Very pretty but the best part is... very tasty!

PEPPERMINT CANDY

1 lb white baking pieces
1/3 c finely chopped crushed peppermint candy
2 tbsp coarsely chopped peppermint candy

Line a cookie sheet with foil.  Heat baking pieces over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.  Remove from heat and stir in the 1/3 c crushed candy.  Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet, spreading around to make a thin layer.  Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp of candy and chill for about 30 mins or so.  Remove from refrigerator and pull out foil.  Break candy into pieces and store in an airtight container.  YUMMY!!!!

COFFEE SHOP FUDGE

1 c chopped pecans
1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
1 teas cinnamon
1 teas vanilla
3 c choc chips
2 tbsp strong brewed coffee at room temperature
1/8 teas salt

Line an 8" square pan with foil, and butter the foil; set aside.  Place pecans in a microwave safe pie plate.  Microwave on high for 4 mins., stirring after each minute; set aside.  In a bowl, combine chips, milk, coffee, cinnamon, and salt.  Microwave for 1 1/2 mins.  Stir until smooth.  Stir in vanilla and pecans.  Immediately spread into the prepared pan.  Cover and refrigerate until firm.  DELICIOUS!!!!

So, there you have it.  I hope that these recipes will help you get through your Christmas with a few small but easy to do recipes that make great gifts.  As well as munchies just to have on hand for all of your company!  Enjoy!

I hope that you all have a wonderful day. And I hope that the healing process has started for all of those affected by the horrific shootings! 

Warm and primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment