Thursday, April 18, 2013

TEMPTATION TUESDAY-- ON THURSDAY....... AGAIN!

Hello all!  I hope that you have all been well.  So sorry that I am a bad blogger.  Those of you that know me have grown to expect the delay.  And for anyone new looking on ........beware.  I have really been busy as I am sure you all have been too.  No excuses, I know.  So, I have a few things to share with ya and then I will get right to the recipes. 

First thing, my sisters birthday was on Tuesday and I just wanted to send one last Happy Birthday to Lori this year! I tried to get a picture of my nephews at the little party we had for Lori but, one little fella just wouldn't cooperate.  Here's the pics anyway;


The lovely young lady sitting at the left is my mom.  The small get together was nice but we were missing some of the family that we wish could have been there with us too.  :(


Next, you all have come to know and love my niece Samantha with me.  She has made me so proud.  Over the last year she has lost over 50 pounds and looks fantastic!  Samantha--- I am so proud of you girl.  Losing weight is one of the hardest things to do and you are nailing it!  Keep up the good work.  Ok, so she also has prom coming up and just went out to get her prom dress  I got a couple pictures of her before the dress gets a few changes made to it by her great grandmother (which is special all by itself).  She has given me permission to post these pics now so here goes:


Isn't she beautiful?!  And if you think that, that face and smile are amazing, you should meet her and see what her personality is like.  Oh yeah, we were supposed to be showing the dress right?  Sorry, just a proud aunt.  I just can't help myself.  Here's the other picture of the whole gown;

Love it!  I can't wait to see her all decked out on her prom night.   So, so, so proud of ya! 



Alright so it's time to move on from my bragging to my recipes.  I do hope that you all enjoyed the pics though.  I like to share some every now and then.  For the recipes, I have one that is a Pinterest recipe that I have tried and have a picture of and the other is for something that I threw together for a quick supper the other night.  It is clearly nothing spectacular but, it is simple and it was delicious.  In fact, the hubs and Lori have both requested it again soon.  Lucky me.  It is that easy!  So, I will start off with the easy one;

TUNA ROLLS

2 cans of tuna fish, drained
1 pkg crescent rolls
4 slices cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and halved
Worcestershire sauce
mustard
mayo
garlic powder
onion, chopped fine
dill

I take the drained tuna and dump into a bowl.  Shred the tuna a little.  I don't like the big chunks of tuna (leave it chunky if that is the way you prefer it).  I then add a couple of good splashes of the Worcestershire sauce on top of tuna.  Okay, so I like Worcestershire sauce alot so, I add alot.  Again, personal preference.  I then add a squirt of mustard on top.  I would guess about 2 teaspoons.  I started adding these extras to the tuna to help cut back on the mayo.  I thought that it was smart but, really it ended up being more tasty than the plain old tuna that I used to make.  Then I add the mayo.  I did not specify an amount on this because people vary when it comes to mayo.  Use what you would like.  Mix that all up.  Then sprinkle with garlic powder and dill.  I use the kind that you get in the squirt tube, that you find in with the fresh veggies.  I love it because it stays fresh in your refrigerator and lasts alot longer than if I bought fresh dill.  I used about a Tbsp., again I love dill.  Add according to your likes and dislikes.  Then I mix in the onion. 

Once the tuna is all blended together, I roll out the crescent dough.  I cut the cheese slices in half diagonally so that they would sit on the crescent triangle shape.  Add the piece of bacon and then top with a scoop of tuna.  Roll up the roll as you would for the crescent and bake according to the roll directions on the package.

Serve these up with a nice green salad and you have a quick and yummy supper.  Sorry I didn't remember a picture of these.  But, they were simple and delicious so you can imagine what they looked like and if you can't imagine what they look like you can make a batch up for yourself.


This next recipe is the one that I found on Pinterest here: http://www.plainchicken.com/2013/01/cheesy-honey-mustard-chicken.html.  This one is for;

CHEESY HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breasts
3/4 c honey
1/2 c Dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
lemon pepper to taste
4 Tbsp bacon, cooked and chopped   I used already cooked bacon slices and broke it into pieces
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese    I didn't have any so I used slices of Cabot sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375*

Season chicken breasts with lemon pepper.  Place in a 9X13 pan coated with non stick spray.
Combine honey, mustard, lemon juice and paprika.  Pour over chicken.   Bake for 20-25 mins. 
Top each chicken breast with bacon and cheese.  Continue to bake until cheese is starting to melt-- about 10 minutes. 

This was so tasty.  The honey and mustard combination along with the bacon and cheese on top all melty good....... yum!   Here is a picture of mine:

Oh my word, they are making me crave them again just looking at them.  The hubs said he loved these.  He is a big chicken eater.  So this was over the top for him.  The chicken not only had a great flavor but, it was so juicy too.  Yum!  Definitely on my menu again soon. 

I also have started roasting my sweet potatoes.  I had never done it before with sweet potatoes, only with the white ones.  I chopped them up and baked them in the oven with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Do the same thing with your sweet potatoes and they are super delicious.  I cook mine on  425*  for about 20 mins or so and then turn down to about 350* and finish them off.  I like mine a little on the darker side.  The browner they get, the sweeter they taste.  Anyway, I took a picture of those as well and they were delicious with they chicken and some sweet peas.  It was a yummy supper all the way around. 



Well that is all for today.  I hope you all enjoyed the pics and recipes.  Make sure that you give them a try.  They are both very good and easy.  I also premade the chicken recipe earlier in the day and let it sit in the fridge until I was ready to cook it off.  That was another bonus. 

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment