Tuesday, April 30, 2013

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Hello again everyone.  So sorry that I have been missing in (out of) action.  I was quite busy the last few weeks with appointments for myself, mom and sister, and then I ended up getting a nasty cold.  I had all I could do to just get up and get through the day, let alone, do anything more.  I am feeling much better now and I have been busy outdoors today.  Oh my gosh it feels so nice to have the sun out and shining down.  Loving it!!!!!!  I did not work on crafts though.  You would have thought, what a great time to but, I really felt yucky and had no desire to even move.  Sorry!  I was hoping to get things rolling too.  They are on there way, at least I would like to think so!  LOL!

I do have a recipe for today that I definitely want to share with you all.  I got the recipe off Pinterest from here:  http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/?p=984    

My husband flipped over this.  It combines his favorites;  broccoli and chicken.  I just couldn't go wrong.  You need to give this recipe a try.  A quick week night supper and you can even make it ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you are ready for supper.  Love that!

CHICKEN BROCCOLI SUPREME

1 lb fresh broccoli, break into pieces and cook ( I cook my broccoli until it is soft.  That is the way we like ours.  Cook it the way you enjoy it).
3 c cooked chicken breasts broke up into pieces---I bought a rotisserie chicken and used that.  I also poured some of the juices that were in the container of the chicken, over the chicken in the 9X13 pan.I feel like this added a lot more of the chicken flavor to the dish. 
3 c grated cheddar cheese, divided
2 tubes of Ritz crackers
1 stick melted butter
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
SAUCE
1/3 c butter, melted
1/4 c cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 c COLD water
1/3 c chicken stock
salt and pepper
2 c milk
1 1/2 c of above cheddar cheese

In a greased 9X13 pan, layer the broccoli and chicken (this is where I poured the chicken juices right over the top), then set pan aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, cornstarch dissolved in water, chicken stock, salt and pepper, and milk.  Stir well, and continue stirring until the sauce has thickened. Turn heat down to low, and add 1 1/2 c cheese.  Stir until melted.  Pour over the chicken and broccoli.  Top with the remaining 1 1/2 c cheese.  Melt the butter, and then add the poppy seeds and stir well.  Crush the Ritz crackers but, not too fine.  Add the crackers to the butter and poppy seed mix, and mix well.  Sprinkle the crumbs all over the top of casserole. 
Bake uncovered at 350* for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

As I said above this was quick and easy and we all loved it.   Here is a picture of how mine came out:

Just looking at it again, makes me want to make one up tonight!  YUMMMMMM!

See how cloudy that picture is?  That's because I took the picture as soon as it came out of the oven and that was the first scoop out while it was steaming.  Super delicious. 


So, the next thing is, I thought that maybe I would send you on a mission to kind of a surprise for the second recipe?  I don't know if that sounds like fun to you or if you all want me to continue posting the two recipes.  If you could take some time and send me some feed back that would be great.  Just leave a comment if you like this idea or if you would like me to go back to doing it the same old way that I have been.  For today I am going to send you to a post for something for your dessert.  You can find it here:       http://lifessimplemeasures.blogspot.com/2011/08/white-out-cake-and-birthday-re-do.html     Alright so, I know that it kind of tells you what the recipe is but, you still need to go there to see how scrumptious it looks.  I am thinking that I need one of these soon!  YUMMY!  Don't forget to let me know how you all like the Surprise thing or not.  Thanks, it is much appreciated.  Plus, I don't feel like I am just talking to myself here...... that could get a little scary.  LOL! 

Thought that I would share two more picture of Samantha and her brother who I don't think I have ever posted a picture of, Cole.  He is a very handsome and smart young man and I am very proud to be his aunt.  These two come over to our house almost every week end to play games (board/card) with my sister, their aunt Lori.  She doesn't get out much due to her disability.  So for them to come over, as teenagers, and spend time with their aunt........ Wow, do I have to say anything else?????  That is some pretty good kids.  And yes, I am partial but I think they are really special and they are going to have some really special memories to keep with them forever!!!!!  Love you both with all my heart.   Here is the picture of Cole, Samantha and Jackson (can't forget him);


   ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~                             SMILE                                      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~




Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful evening and if you didn't get a chance to get out and enjoy the weather today, I hope that you get a chance to tomorrow. 


Warm and primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment