Friday, June 28, 2013

It's Friday and I have a TEMPTATION TUESDAY for ya!!!!!!!

Happy Friday all!  I am gearing up for the week end and hoping to get alot accomplished today.  Laundry for starters....LOL!  Well, I promised that I would have a Temptation Tuesday for ya and I do.  Maybe even a couple of yummies coming your way. 

For starters, Root beer BBQ Chicken.  Sounds delicious, huh?  It was.  I will tell you though that I didn't get much/any root beer flavoring.  None of us could taste the root beer.  I will say this much though, the hubs has fallen in love with the BBQ sauce part of the recipe.  You know what that means for me now?  Right, I have to make it up from here on in.  That's okay.  I liked it alot too!  This is what it looked like when I baked it the other night;

I had originally planned on cooking it on the grill but, due to the lovely rain, I opted for broiling it in the oven.  Let me tell you, I have not cooked it like that before and I loved it.  It only took 10 minutes and the chicken was done and juicy.  I will be making it again very soon.  If you are interested in where I found the original recipe from, it came from here:  http://www.mynameissnickerdoodle.com/2010/08/fabulous-food-friday-60.html   If you would rather use my shorthand version and go by that, here goes;

ROOT BEER BBQ CHICKEN

2 cans Root beer or 3 cups, divided
1/2c smoky barbecue sauce
1/2c Dijon mustard, plus 1/4c more for marinade
brown sugar if needed to sweeten the sauce
1# boneless, skinless chicken breast
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp olive oil

In a small saucepan, boil 1 can or 1 1/2c root beer until thick and syrupy, about 30 mins.  (I boiled mine for over 30 mins and it never got thick and syrupy.  I used it anyway.) Stir in 1/2c smoky BBQ sauce and 1/2c Dijon.  Taste and see if it is sweet enough.  If not, add some brown sugar. 

Meanwhile, in a large Ziploc bag add in remaining Dijon, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and olive oil.  Stir together.  At this point the directions said to reserve about 1c. for dipping and basting.  I did not, that is what I assumed the first part of the recipe was for.  Add in chicken and toss to coat.  Pour in remaining root beer and place bag in a bowl, to prevent accidents, and then refrigerate and let marinate for 1 hour to 24 hours.  Flip chicken a few times while marinating to keep flavor evenly distributed.  Set aside some sauce for basting and use the rest for dipping.  I used the cooked sauce for this. 

Remove chicken from bag and discard bag and all the marinade.  Grill or broil chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is no longer pink.  I bought the Purdue individually wrapped breasts in a bag.  There were 5 in a pkg and they were the right thickness for the time recommended for cooking.  It worked out perfectly.  I put sauce on the top of the chicken when I put it in for the first five minutes and when I took it out to flip it over, I put another layer of sauce on the back side.

We enjoyed the chicken alot and I would definitely try it again.  As I said before, we didn't taste the root beer in it but, we have found a new BBQ sauce to love.  LOL!

For the next recipe, I have chosen COWBOY LASAGNA, and if you would like the recipe from where I originally found it, go here;    http://peppermintmochamama.blogspot.com/2012/10/cowboy-lasagna.html

We really enjoyed this recipe as well.  It was very tasty and filling.  I would definitely say it was a hubby pleaser.  Here is what mine looked like when I made it;

Yum, yum, yum!


COWBOY LASAGNA

1# ground beef
minced onion- I used a whole one
Worcestershire sauce, a generous sprinkling --I love this so I was
                                        very generous
3Tbsp parsley, divided
1 10 3/4oz can of tomato soup
1 15.25 oz can of corn
3Tbsp dried ground mustard
1 32oz pkg. tater tots
salt and pepper
4c mozzarella

Brown ground beef with the spices- then drain.  Add can of soup and can of corn and let simmer for 10 minutes. 

In a greased 9X13 pan, arrange tater tots in a single layer.  Cover with 2 cups of cheese.  Pour ground beef over the top.  Cover with remaining 2c of cheese and 1Tbsp of parsley. 

Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

If you want a quick and easy supper------ this is the recipe for ya.  And with all the rain we have gotten recently, this will be just right for a night like tonight. 

Well, I hope that you all have enjoyed these recipes today.  Sorry again that I made you wait for them but, hopefully they are worth the wait. 

As you can see, I tried both of them and they were both enjoyed by us immensely.  I hope that you all get a chance to try them out so that your family can enjoy them too!   

Have a great week end.  I am hoping to get some crafting going on this afternoon.  Yay!  If I do, you will get to see the proof next week.  Cross your fingers.  LOL!

Warm and primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment