Wednesday, September 26, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY ON WEDNESDAY.... AGAIN!

Hey everyone, this is becoming a really bad habit for me.  Sorry, again!!!!! Hope that you all can forgive me once more.  As usual I have a list of excuses that goes on for miles so, I won't bore you to death with them.  I will just get on to my blogging.  I did however, want to leave you with a sweet taste in your mouth.... yeah, that's right.  Today's recipe is a definite no-no for those of you who are dieting or watching your weight.  But it is a huge YUMMY for the rest of you.  I got this recipe from a co-worker at one of my previous jobs years ago.  I hope that you like it too!!

PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIES

2 c brown sugar
1c oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 (15oz) can pumpkin
3 c flour
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

*I also add choc chips into mine.  Just a cup or so will do good!  Or, you could roll the pies in chocolate chips when you are finished assembling them.  Either way they are delicious.

Mix sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin.  In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients; gradually add dry ingredients into creamed mixture and mix well.  This is where you would add you choc chips and stir them in with a spoon.  Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased pan.  Bake at 350 for approx. 14 mins.  When you take them out put them onto a cooling rack.

FILLING;

2 c confectioners sugar
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 c shortening --I use less about 1/2 c to 3/4 c
1/2 tub of fluff
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix well.  Take one pie and spread filling over it and top with another pie.  These are so yummy good, you won't be able to eat just one.  These are also delicious put in the freezer.  I am not sure how long they will freeze for...... they never lasted that long in my freezer. LOL!

I hope that you get a chance to whip up a batch of these yummy little goodies for your family!  ENJOY!

Warm and primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug 

No comments:

Post a Comment