Tuesday, September 18, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Hey everyone!  I hope that you all have been doing well.  I can't complain here.  I am not even going to go on about how I will try to do better next week at blogging.  We all know how that goes! Anyway, it is TEMPTATION TUESDAY after all! 

I just wanted to mention a few things to you all before I post the recipe.  First, I just had my new carpet installed, WOO HOO!  I will try to post pictures tomorrow (yeah, right!  I will try to!).  Second, I don't know if any of you have noticed but, Pamela over at Our Pioneer Homestead has posted a free fall pattern for a really awesome cross stitch.  Definitely worth hopping over and getting.   I am currently working on a fall needle punch. It also was free, from Betty at Primitive Betty's blogspot.  Start placing your bets on if it will be done by Halloween.  You know that it won't! LOL!  I am gonna try to though!

Okay, so the recipe for today is one that I had gotten from the Food network from Paula Deen.  It is a delicious recipe too!  Of course!  It's from Paula Deen, c'mon! 

ZUCCHINI BREAD

3/4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 c sugar
1 c veg. oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 c water
2 c grated zucchini
1 tsp lemon juice
1 c chopped walnuts or pecans

In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.  In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice.  Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in.  Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray.  Bake on 350 for 1 hour or until a tester comes out clean.  Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 mins. 

I have used this recipe more than once.  I especially like to use the mini loaf pans or around the holidays.  Everyone loves this zucchini bread.  I hope that you all give this one a try.  It is a very simple recipe and the rewards are absolutely worth it. 

I hope to be back tomorrow but, you all know how that goes!  Hope that you all enjoy the rest of your day and have a great evening too!  We are due for some major rain this afternoon and evening along with really strong winds.  I hope that we don't lose our power.  I hate when that happens.  Don't you?

Warm primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see your lovely projects~ I just bought some needle punch supplies from Lori of not forgotten farm, and I have never needle punched, but I can't wait to learn :)

    ReplyDelete