Tuesday, September 4, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Good afternoon everyone.  I am sorry that this is a late post.  I am behind schedule........ whoulda thunk it?!  LOL!  I hope that you all had a fun and safe Labor Day Holiday.  Ours was very nice.  Anytime there is a get together, it's always good.  It seems like forever since I last posted.  That's because it has been.  Just got back from picking up some stuff to make some of the Old Fashioned Sour Mustard Pickles from last weeks recipe.  I can't wait to get them started.  My mouth is watering already.  So, for today's recipes, I am going to give you one that I got on the computer yesterday.  I am not sure where it was from (sorry).  I typed in what goes good with meatloaf and I got all kinds of responses.  As I was browsing through I found this one for a:

BUTTERY CORN CASSEROLE

2 eggs, lightly beaten
5 oz evaporated milk
3 tbsp butter, melted, divided
2 cans whole corn, drained
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c butter cracker crumbs (Ritz, Townhouse,etc)

In a large bowl mix eggs, evap milk and 2 tbsp butter.  Stir in corn, cheese and half of the cracker crumbs.  Pour into lightly greased 11x7 dish.  Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top and pour the remaining butter over that.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins. 

The reason I didn't write down where it came from, I wasn't sure if we were even going to like it or not.  Well, let me tell you, we had company over and that was the hit of the meal (until dessert, of course).  Seriously, I have never made a corn casserole before and this was delicious.  It will now be entered in the family favorites section of my cookbook.  Loved it!!!!!

For this next recipe I thought that you all might want something a little sweeter.  HMMM, does that sound good?  Well I think that it does.  So this one here goes out to all of you coconut lovers! 

COCONUT POPPY SEED CAKE

1 pkg white cake mix
1/4 c poppy seeds
1/4 teas coconut extract
3 1/2 c cold milk
2 pkgs (3.4oz ea) instant coconut cream pudding
1 carton (8oz) cool whip, thawed
1/3 c flaked coconut, toasted

Prepare cake according to package directions, adding the poppy seeds and extract to the batter.  Pour into a greased 13x9 pan.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins or until done.  Cool completely.  In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 mins.  Spread over the top of cake.  Spread cool whip over the pudding mix.  Sprinkle with coconut.  YUMMY!

Another quick and easy treat.  Speaking of treat, it's definitely starting to feel fallish..... a step closer to Halloween and then..... well, you all know what comes after that ........ YUP!  It's gettin closer.  Just food for thought. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.  I hope that you all get a chance to try these recipes out.  Again, we have tried them and love them both, so I hope that you all do too! 

Warm and primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment