Wednesday, August 29, 2012

THE NEW FLOORING-----WOO HOO!

Happy Wednesday to you all!  I hope that you all had a great Tuesday as well.  Did any of you try the meatball sub casserole?  How about the pickles?  If you didn't, you don't know what you're missing! LOL!  They are both delicious, especially together.  Oh well, enough about the recipes from yesterday.  Let's get talking about the pics for today!  Are you all ready?  Here goes:

Okay so, this is a picture of my dining room before.  If you look on the lower right side you can see the split, where our house shifts (double wide) through the seasons and then comes back together.  In order to have anything cover that, which won't do the splitting, without costing a fortune we basically will have to put carpet over it.  When we bought this new they had carpet throughout.  Now we understand why.  We didn't like a carpet in the dining room with kids and pets.  We screwed up and took it out and have been waiting since to be able to afford to put other flooring down.  We made it!  Oh happy day! 
This picture above shows a wonderful shot of my kitchen floor before.  We had gotten these little sticky back squares probably 8 or 9 yrs ago and stuck them down onto the plywood floor.  They have seen a lot of feet.  For what we paid for them they did more than their fair share.  They aren't pretty now but, in their day .... I thought they were awesome!  They were certainly better than the plywood! 

The picture above obviously shows the crack between sides much better.  Do you all see why I couldn't wait for my new flooring??  I know there was absolutely no need for it, right?! LOL!  This picture was taken almost as you come in through the front door.  As you look ahead to the left is my kitchen and to the right is the dining room.  To the immediate left is what I call the "front room".  It was originally supposed to be the living room but, I use the "family room" as the living room.  It has the fireplace, duh!  Of course that is going to be the living room.  Don't you agree?  So, the "front room" as I call it, really doesn't serve any purpose.  I just decorate it and it is the first room that you come into when you come in the house.  I try to make it a warm little sitting room, I guess. 
This picture above is taken from my kitchen and looking down the hall to the left.  This goes out the side door and out to the apartment for my sister.  We decided to get a little crazy and put some rock looking tiles down in front of the door.  Thought it was a good idea at the time.  Alright, leave me alone!  I know!!!! LOL!  Love the lifts and tears in those poor tiles.

Okay so out with the old.  Are you ready to see the new?  Me too!!!!
 So, what do ya think?  I was almost crying at this point.  Doesn't that look amazing?  I fell in love with it the first piece hubby put down.  It still makes me excited all over again just looking at these photos.

Wow, at this point I realize that it is finally happening.  The floor is getting done and by the end of the day it would be completed. 

And here is my hard working man!  We had my cousins husband coming over to help us in the afternoon but, he had to work in the morning.  Well, knowing that once we started it, we had to get it finished (due to the sticky edges), hubby decided that he would get started on it in the morning and work on it until Craig got here in the afternoon.  Probably a good thing considering it was finished at about 7:30 p.m.   They would have been working into the night and hubby had to get up early for work in the morning. 
Coming around the cupboard from the dining room into the kitchen.  Looks amazing! 

Here's my new dining room floor all done! 
This is looking into the kitchen from the front room.  I just love how it looks like actual boards. 
This picture above shows looking down the hallway and to my sisters apartment.  We still need to put some of the trim boards back up.  Love this so much more than the rock tile and the other tile. LOL!
In the picture above, it shows the front doorway.  I wanted a big area covered with that flooring for there too because, the Maine winters bring in lots of snow.  I wanted this in front of the door rather than  carpet.  And I love it here too! 
Alright so this is what you see when you first walk into the house!  I know it still needs a little tinkering.  There is an L shaped area now that is going to be covered in a carpet.  We are going to Home Depot this week end to have them come out and measure up what we need and pick out the carpet that we want.  It doesn't get any better than this, I tell ya!  So, even though it looks a little funky for the moment.  Help is on it's way. 

I hope that I didn't bore you all with the pictures and my blabbing too much.  It really does look amazing though.  If you are interested in this stuff.  We purchased it from Home Depot.  It is called Allure Flooring.  It is a resilient flooring.  The bluish gray tabs that you can see in some of the pictures are what holds it together.  It is a floating floor.  You can lay it down on top of anything.  You do not need a sub floor.  That saves a lot of money and time.  You can also lay it down yourself and save more money.  I would definitely recommend having an extra set of hands to help.  The flooring was easy to cut through.  My husband used some of my Pampered Chef scissors and Craig used tin snips.  There were a lot of styles to choose from but, I liked the looks of the "barnwood".  So, that is what you see in the pictures.  We still have to put it down in our bathrooms and in the small hallway by the living room.  Maybe a winter project! LOL!  Hubby is still trying to recuperate from being on his knees all day Saturday and from what he did in front of the door on Sunday. 

I would like to send a Special Thanks to Craig.  "Thanks so much for the help.  It was greatly appreciated."  It's really nice to know that there are family and friends out there that will be there for you when you need them.  We are very fortunate. 

I hope that you enjoyed my flooring excursion.  It was nice to share it with you all.  Hope that if you are waiting for something like I had been, I hope that it comes for you soon too!  I wish you all a nice day and who knows, maybe I will be back tomorrow with more to jabber about. 

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment