Tuesday, August 28, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Good morning everyone!  This was supposed to be on here earlier but, you know how that goes!  It's going on now so, that's a good thing.  Right?!  I hope that you all had a really nice week end.  Ours was CRAZY!!!!!!!!!  WOW!  Putting the flooring down was a job and a half.  The actual flooring itself wasn't bad.  It was all the moving around stuff and putting everything back into place.  That's when you realize.... less IS more!  LOL!  No, just kidding.  It has been a long overhaul though.  But, things are getting back to normal.  I hope to have pictures for you on here tomorrow of the flooring and how things are now!  Oh, did I happen to mention that I LOVE IT?!  Well, I do!!!!  It's beautiful.  I get up in the morning and just stare at it.  Sad life, I know!  LOL!  It's been a long time that I have waited for this and believe me you, I am going to enjoy it as long as I can!  I can't wait to post the pics for ya.   I would today but, I am also trying to get back to the gym routine again this week so, short on time.  There's always tomorrow!  Anyway, we need to get some recipes on here today, right?!  Well, let's get going then.  Okay so lately I have been on a meatball sub kick!  I don't know why, I just have!  So, this recipe is here for you because of that craving.  I don't remember where I got it from I just know that it's yummy!  I hope that you all enjoy it too!

MEATBALL SUB CASSEROLE

1/3 c chopped onion
1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs        (I also add an egg into this mix to help it stick together)
3 tbsp grated parmesan
1 lb. hamburg
1 loaf italian bread, cut into 1" slices
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 c mayonnaise
1 teas italian seasoning
salt and pepper
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce, (approx 28 oz)
1 c water
2 garlic cloves, minced

Combine onions, crumbs, and parmesan cheese.  Add beef and mix well (this is where you would add the egg if you wanted).  Shape into 1" balls.  Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake at 400 for 15-20 mins.  While those are baking, arrange bread in a single layer in a 13x9 pan.  Combine cream cheese, mayo, italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.  Spread over the bread.  Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.  Combine sauce, water, and garlic; add meatballs.  Pour over the cheese mixture.  Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.  Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 mins or until heated through.  This is yummy.  A quick and easy week night supper.  Serve it up with a nice garden salad and it definitely hits the spot.

TIP:  I don't know if you have ever tried it or not but, adding some sour pickle to the side of this is spectacular!  I always order my meatball sub with pickles on it!  That little bit of tang gives it just the right punch of flavor that you want.  Or at least, that I want! LOL!

For the next recipe I have decided to share a sour pickle recipe to go along with your meatball casserole.  This is the best sour pickle recipe ever!  (I know, I say that about all of my recipes.  I speak the truth.  They are the best to me!  I hope that you think so too!)  Anyway, with these pickles, either you love them or you hate them.  If you like pickles you will probably love these, if you don't like sour, don't bother to try them you will probably not like them.  Although, when my husband and I first got married he didn't like anything sour or pickled and now, he eats these pickles on pizza, sandwiches, anything.  So, maybe you should give em a shot!  I hope that you enjoy these.  My mom has been making these for years.  And once you get a liken for em its all over! LOL!

OLD FASHIONED SOUR MUSTARD PICKLES

1 1/4 c. sugar
1 c. pickling salt
1 c. dry mustard
1 gallon vinegar

Mix these ingredients all together.  Fill your pickle jars with small pickling cukes.  Pour the juice over the cukes and fill to the top.  Cover and let them sit in a cool dark place.These are usually ready in about a week they should start but the longer they sit, the better they get!  We make these up in the summer and enjoy them all year round.  I hope that you give them a try they are quite simple to make and they pack a huge punch. 

TIP:  When you get your pickling cukes, you want to try to get fairly small cukes.  They tend to be less seedy and they are the best for these pickles. 

TIP:  Make sure that you take a dry cloth and wipe your cukes off before you pickle them.  You do this to remove the prickly little black spurs on them.  This probably takes the longest time out of the whole process.  Definitely well worth it though. 

Well, I have to get heading to the gym now.  I hope that you all enjoy these recipes as much as we have in the past as well as in the present and hope to for a long time into the future.  I will be back tomorrow with pictures and more blabbing I am sure. LOL!  I hope that you all have a great day and I am off to grab my pickle for the ride out.  My mouth is watering already! YUM!

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment