Wednesday, August 22, 2012

SOME RE-DO PICTURES

Good afternoon everyone!  I hope that your day is going well.  Mine is finally getting there.  Yesterday, Samantha and I painted and then stained two of my hutch/cupboards.  WOW!  What a job.  They were still tacky this afternoon but, I wanted and needed to get them re-decorated so we could have our table back for supper time! LOL!  I have to tell you though, that was quite an ordeal getting them painted.  For some reason the paint kept peeling away on my corner cupboard.  It looked like there was some kind of an oil in the stain that was originally put on the cupboard.  It wasn't all over though just in some places.  To make a long story short what physically didn't drain me, emotionally did.  I thought that I had ruined the thing and I would never get it to come out even half way decent looking.  Yikes!  You be the judge of it;

This is the before, and there is nothing wrong with the wood look but, if you can see my walls then you will understand why I wanted to paint it.  The cupboard melts into the walls.  Or at least that's the way it felt to me.
This kind of shows what I mean a little bit better.  The glass in the door on the right in the picture has a crack in it.  Needs to be replaced.  One step at a time.  Okay, so here is the picture of what it looks like now.  What do you think;

I truly LOVE it now!  I think that it came out great considering all the trouble that we had with it.  I really didn't have any white pieces and I thought that it would be kind of nice to break up all the darker colors with a little punch of white.  I still need to wash the windows in it though, sorry.  I was trying to get some pictures done so that I could show you all what I have been up to and that I am not gone away on vacation somewhere! LOL!  Right!!!!
This is the other cupboard that we re-did.  Again, the same problem with this one.  It melts into the background of the wood walls.  I really like for pieces of furniture to pop out.  I got this cupboard on the side of the road for $25.00.  I know, right?!  We brought it home last fall and it sat on the front deck for a week or so and we were supposed to get snow possibly over night.  That meant we had to quickly put a coat of paint on and bring it in.  My husband spray painted it roughly with flat black paint and then I painted over it with the mustard color that we had already.  It was the only color that I thought I had enough on hand to paint with.  It worked.  It has been this way for almost a year now but, deep down I knew that it wouldn't stay this way for much longer.  So, I opted for a new color that I hadn't tried on anything.  Sometimes that's good and others it's quite scary.  What do you think about this one now?

Talk about popping out from the walls!  Oh, yeah!  This one here came out awesome!!!  And, I have to give Samantha credit for this one here.  We both painted it but, she stained this one all alone.  And I have to say she nailed it!  Love it!  See how it's darker in places and then lighter in others?  That's great, that's exactly the look that I love.  It looks so aged in some spots and then not so much in others.  Perfect!  The best thing about prim is that perfect is not perfect!  Got to love that!  I think that this is my new favorite cupboard. 

These next couple of pictures aren't the best but I did want to show you that we have been changing and doing our improvements.  Slowly but, surely!

So, here are the infamous doors that open on their own during wind storms and the middle of winter they like to set off the house alarms because of our house shifting.  The red tape down the center?  To seal the gap between them while we were waiting to replace them.  Nice, huh?! It worked!  Anyway, they are gone now too!  Another HOORAY!!!
I didn't prep this picture so my curtains are still messed up from where the dog had been up on the bed.  Yeah, he loves the new window!  He thinks that we went to all this trouble for him.  Little does he know, it was for me! LOL!  The walls are going to be done in pine..... probably next summer.  We have been quite a bit busy doing these jobs.  That will be our next year project.  Along with everything else that we don't get finished this year!  Oh well! 

So, yeah we have been a little bit busy and this week-end we are doing the flooring in the kitchen/dining and hall.  Can't wait for it!  Like I haven't already told you this a million times!  It's just that it is all sitting in these boxes in the front and I walk by them all day long and just drool.  It's starting to flood in here! LOL!  No but, I should have some cool pictures for you on Monday!  YIPPEE!  

Well, I have probably bored you all to death.  I hope not.  But, I need to get going and get supper started.  The hubs will be home soon and he will be STARVING!   Do any of you have someone like that?  I'm quite sure that you probably do. 

I hope that you all have a great evening and what ever you are doing or working on.  I hope that it goes well for ya.  Don't stress over it too much like I do.  Remember prim is not always perfect in fact it's perfect when it's not!

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment