Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Hi everyone.  It sure was a cool morning today when I got up.  What a change from what we have been enjoying.  I guess there's no stopping it now!  I have always loved Fall the most but, this one here I am having a hard time with.  It just is coming too fast now and I can't get myself going and ready for it.  Oh well, I shall suck it up and keep going because in the end, that is what we all do.  Life keeps moving and if you don't watch out it could pass you by before you knew it even happened.  So, I am trying to keep moving with it and do the things that I should.  For starters here are a couple of recipes for you all to give a try.  The first one is so simple and it is something that I glanced at in a magazine.  Of course when I went to find it, I couldn't.  So, I looked it up and found it on the Internet of course.  Probably most of you have seen or heard of these little guys but, I had not.  To me they were a great little gift idea.  With the holidays approaching and quick gifts needed to be made these are an ideal gift. 

PAINTED TURTLES

Rolos candies
Mini pretzels
M&M candies/Pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.  Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.  Spread out pretzels on cookie sheet.  Place a Rolo on top of each pretzel.  Bake for 3-5 mins.  You want the Rolo soft when you press on it but not completely melted.  Remove from the oven.  Place on cooling rack (I didn't and they were fine).  Immediately squish a M&M candy or Pecan on top of each turtle.  Watch the caramel ooze out.  YUMMY! 

I called them painted turtle because once you add the M&M on top they became painted to me.  If you prefer the regular turtle candies by all means top them each with a Pecan.  There were many versions of this recipe so, if you don't care for this feel free to look up a neat new version of your own.  I feel that these would be great for even kids bake sales at school as well as for quick little gifts.  I hope that you all try this.  This one is a definite keeper.



The next recipe is for:

BROCCOLI HAM STROGANOFF

2 c frozen, chopped, broccoli
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp butter
1/4 c chopped onion
3 tbsp flour
1 can chicken broth
2 c cubed, fully cooked ham
1 c sour cream
1 can sliced mushrooms
hot cooked noodles

Place broccoli and water in microwave safe dish.  Cover and microwave for 3-5 mins. or until broccoli is tender, stirring once.  Drain, set aside and keep warm.  In another micro bowl, heat butter, uncovered for about 20 sec. until melted.  Add the onion and cover and microwave for another 2 minutes or until tender.  Stir in flour until blended.  Gradually stir in the broth and mix well.  Microwave uncovered for about 4-6 mins or until thickened and bubbly, stirring once.  Add the ham, sour cream, mushrooms and reserved broccoli, mix well.  Cook uncovered for 3-5 mins or until heated through, stirring once.  Serve over warm noodles. 

My husband LOVES broccoli.  And, I love quick and easy meals.  This recipe works great for the both of us.  There is no quicker meal to prepare than one done in the microwave.  It really is that simple and it is delicious as well.


I sure hope that you all get a chance to give these recipes a try.  We enjoy them here and I think that you all will enjoy them too! 

I hope that you all continue to have a great afternoon today.  I hope to be back maybe tomorrow as well.  We will see.  Thanks for reading! 

Warm and primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment