Tuesday, October 30, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Hello everyone.  It's been a week again.  I shall not commit to posting more than once a week if I am going to continue to fib about it!  Sorry, again!   I did finish my pumpkin face needle punch though.  Unfortunately, I haven't photographed it yet.  Shocker there huh??  I also made up some of Teri from White Sheep Farm Blogspots gingerbread men for my Christmas tree.   These were adorable, easy and fun.  They have no sewing, no gluing, just simple fun.  I made up four of them and now I need to make up a bunch more.  They are very versatile because you can design them as simple as you want or as decked out as you want.  It's all personal preference.  Do yourself a favor and scoot on over to check it out and make some up for yourself.  I tried to put the link up here but my computer seems to be acting a little finicky lately. 

So, on to today's yummies, right?!  Well, I have decided to put two more recipes that Nancy shared with me up for you all.  These two recipes are going to get you in the mind set for holiday parties and get togethers.  I hope that you all give them a try they sound delicious and I hope to be making mine up soon too!!!!

The first recipe for you is: 


CRANBERRY MEATBALLS

2 eggs, beaten
1 c cornflake crumbs
1/3 c ketchup
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp parsley flakes
2 tbsp minced dry onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 lbs. ground beef

SAUCE
1 can cranberry sauce
1 c ketchup
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice

Mix first 8 ingredients, add ground beef.  Shape into balls.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 mins. 
Combine sauce ingredients and cook until cranberry sauce is melted.  Put into crock pot and add meatballs.

TIP:  Nancy said that she doubles the recipe for the sauce. 

YUMMY!  My mouth is watering for this one already. 

BUTTERY CUT OUT SUGAR COOKIES

6 eggs
6 c flour
2 c sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 c butter

Cream butter and sugar.  Add; eggs, flour and baking powder.  Chill dough for 1-2 hours.  Roll and cut out into shapes.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 mins.  Frost with Powdered Sugar Icing.

POWDERED SUGAR ICING

4c powdered sugar
4 tbsp butter
2-4 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
food coloring, if desired

Mix above ingredients and spread onto cookies!   Yum.  Nothing makes you feel like a kid again at Christmas, than baking and frosting, oh yeah, and eating, sugar cookies!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I say good bye to you all today, I just want to day that we were VERY fortunate here in Maine to not have felt the devastating effects of Sandy.  For those of you who perhaps did, and your families, our thoughts and prayers are with you all.  I pray for those of you who may have suffered the worst of it, to get relief soon and hopefully the clean up and repairs will be quick.  Please know that you are being thought of often and prayed for as much!  Lots of love coming your way!!!!!

Warm primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment