Thursday, April 12, 2012

DOGS AND BIRDS

Happy Thursday to you all.  I hope that you all are well today.  There have been a lot of bloggers out there recently that have been in great need of thoughts and prayers.  So, many prayers have gone out to them all.  For the rest of you, I again hope that all is well. 

Today I have a few pictures to show ya.  I haven't been overly crafting but, I have been busy.  I hope to get back on track soon.  Anyway here is the first thing that I wanted to share with ya.

Check out this little beauty.  I love this crow.  It really isn't little either.  In the next picture you will get a better idea of just how big this is.  I just love her.  I know that her wing is very white.  it won't be when I am finished but, I wanted to show you all what I have been up to and link you to this free pattern.  The pattern is not just of the crow, it has two other birds as well.  This is an awesome freebie!  You really need to go and print this out for yourself.  What a fun and easy project to do.  These birds were easy to cut, sew, and assemble.  I still need to sew the wings on this one and then I can stain and bake these little buggers up.  Love them and what a perfect time to make them.  I got the free patterns from Denise Davis at:    http://sassafrashillprimitives.us/  They are called the Spring Fever-Prim Bird Make Dos.   I didn't make mine into make-dos.  I do not have any of the springs to use or any bobbins laying around.  I think that these are going to look great just tucked in around the house as they are. 

In this picture here I just wanted to give you an idea of how big these make up.  I think they are pretty great.

Love this one as well.  This will be great once it is all stained up and I still need to add all their eyes.  Sorry about the thread I am in the middle of attaching the wing still. 
I love the fabric for this blue bird.  I am still trying to get the knack of stuffing these little babies.  Either I over stuff them or I under stuff them.  Hopefully time and practice will help.  I am not giving up until I get it right!!!!!  Anyway this is a new stitch that I have been trying to learn as well.  It is the feather stitch.  It sure does add a nice touch to your projects.  I loooooove the look of this stitch.  I think that it is so neat.  I had a little trouble starting off.  All I can say is when you start it stay close to the tutorial and just keep pausing it to watch how Pamela does it.  She makes great tutorials.  I got a little frustrated at first but, again I stuck with it.  I feel much better about doing it.  Not quite a pro yet but, you never know..........!LOL! 


This was the first one I attempted to stitch.  I put my thread in too close to the top and by the time I got back around to finish it, it had frayed through.  I was Extremely frustrated and upset.  I really didn't want to pull the stitches out so I put some liquid stitch under and tucked my threads in place as best I could.  It was a big boo-boo but, I fixed enough so that I am happy with it and I still have a reminder of my first attempt.  Thought that I would share that with you all not because I am proud but, because I am human.  We all make mistakes and learn from them (hopefully----I am not finished yet)LOL!  The tutorial for the feather stitch is found here:http://ourpioneerhomestead.blogspot.com/
She has the greatest tutorials and an awesome blog.  Enjoy!

I wanted to show you the rack that I picked up for a couple of bucks at Goodwill and where I put it.


Okay so, it is basically a towel rack.........so.  I painted it black and thought that it would look great with a beautiful quilt hanging off of it.  Well, it does!
I think that it looks awesome.  I had intentions of hanging the blue and white quilt that I had got a couple of weeks ago on this but, it didn't go well with my walls.  Then I remembered that I had a perfect quilt for there.  My niece Samantha had made this for me for Christmas over a year ago.  I loooooove the colors she put in it.  And it looks amazing.  Not liking the white receptacle covers those will change soon.

The last thing that I wanted to share with you all is a few pictures of my babies:
This is my baby Jeffrey.  I call him my baby because he is the smallest but, he actually is the oldest.  He is a little over ten years old. 
This here is my little girl Miss Frankie.  Yes, I said little and yes, I said girl.  She is about 9 years old and about as overweight as I am,  I am not a good influence on her obviously.LOL! 
And, last but not least.  We have Mr Kayzer.  He is the youngest in my brood.  He is about 7 1/2 yrs old.  He has been a hyper dog ever since we got him.  He did not come from a good place.  I believe that it was a definite puppy mill and he probably would not have lived if we hadn't taken him.  He has the saddest eyes in the world and is the sweetest thing.  If you look closely in the picture you will see that he has three tennis balls in his mouth at the same time.  He has tried four!!  I was trying to hold his head up in the picture to show you he is a scaredy cat of everything. 
I tried to catch a quick shot of him.  He didn't cooperate very well. 

I gave it one last try but even holding his collar he didn't like it.  You can still see the third ball in there though.  Yes, I do worry that he will get these stuck or choke on them but, since he was a pup this was what he did.  Thank God, no problems yet!  He will bring great big rocks (hubby calls them boulders) in the house if he can't find the balls outside to bring in instead.  They are not so forgiving on your toes!!!!!!  I try to keep lots of balls around!LOL!


Well I need to get going now.  My sister will be getting home within an hour and I need to get supper started.  I hope that I haven't bored you all out of your minds.  Sorry if I have.  It's been a while since I showed you anything and I really wanted to get to it.  Make sure you check out the blogs that I linked you to they are awesome.  And when it's free then it is worth it even more!!!!!!

Enjoy your evening with your families and I will be doing the same. 

Warm primitive blessings to you all!
prim_bug









1 comment:

  1. Nice I really Like the pink bird and the quilt :P Like I should!

    ReplyDelete