Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Good morning everyone.  I hope that your days' have all started off on a good note.  Maybe more like a sweet note.  How does that sound?  Well in case it didn't, I have something that should help turn that right around for ya.  This recipe is something very new to me.  Remember last week, Lori's surprise birthday party?  Well, let's just say that she got the sweetest gift.......no, not a puppy, although that is pretty sweet.  No, our oldest brother brought her in a gift that he had made for her.  It was a Chocolate and Coffee Cream Pie.  He got the recipe from the Food Network and it was by Sandra Lee.  I just want to tell you this one is a real dangerous one.  I didn't want the recipe for the simple fact that I can't be trusted with it.  Not supposed to have this stuff but, once you taste it, it keeps calling you back for more.  Yes, Lori did get to enjoy some of it!  Just kidding, I really did try to stay away from it.  But, I also did try some of it.  If I was to have a dessert of my choice.......I think that this little sweetie would probably win more often than not.   I will warn you, it is very sweet but, believe me it's nothing that you can't handle.   Everyone should try this at least once in their lifetime!!!!  If you love someone that loves chocolate......you need to make this for them and show them just how much you love them. 

So, here it is:

CHOCOLATE AND COFFEE CREAM PIE

Filling:
1 c heavy cream
1/4 c light corn syrup
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp coffee liqueur (my brother used coffee brandy)
1 teas vanilla extract
10 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
1 9" prepared chocolate cookie crust such as:  Oreo pie crust

Coffee Whipped Cream Topping:
1 1/2 c heavy cream
1/4 c chocolate hazelnut spread such as:  Nutella
1 Tbsp instant espresso or coffee
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
chocolate puffed rice cereal for garnish- my brother skipped this and I would say this could definitely be optional- we didn't miss it.  It was delicious without it.

Filling-  Heat cream over med/low heat.  When hot, whisk in corn syrup, butter, liqueur, vanilla, and chocolate.  Mix until ingredients are fully incorporated into cream and mixture is smooth and silky.  Remove from heat and pour into prepared pie crust.  Place in refrigerator until completely cooled and set.  Approx. 1 hour.

Topping-  In a large chilled metal bowl combine cream, nutella, espresso, sugar and vanilla.  Whip with mixer until peaks form. 

Pour the topping over the filling and cover the filling completely.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  When ready to serve top with chocolate puffed rice cereal. 

Personally, if I were going to top it with another item.  I would just shave a little bit more of that dark chocolate over the top instead of the cereal.  Just another option.  Even my favorite white chocolate over the top would be delicious too!  Yumm.

If you would like to link to the actual site the recipe came from it is here:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/chocolate-and-coffee-cream-pie-recipe/index.html

I kind of short hand the recipes so you might actually like the original version better.  Plus they offer printer friendly versions as well.  Either way, I hope that you enjoy today's truly Temptation Tuesday recipe.  It is by all accounts sweet!!!!!!!!

I hope that you all enjoy the rest of your day and I hope that this recipe delights you as much as it did us.  Enjoy!

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment