Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flags and a boo-boo

Good Thursday morning everyone!  It sure is a bright morning out there today.  Cold but, bright.  I will definitely take it.  It has been dreary and showery for almost a week it seems.  The bright sun is a nice change.  All of that rain sure has made the grass sprout up quickly though.  Maybe this week-end our yard can get mowed.  I am not going to hold my breath on it.LOL. 

So, today I thought that I would show some pictures of the flags that I had started last week.  I made a mistake on them (if there's a mistake to be made, I'll figure out how to make it)!!!!!  Anyway, these were fun to make and I really thought that I had thought things through enough to NOT make a mistake but, apparently not!!!! 






Ok, so this photo here shows it the way is is supposed to be.  I also used a twig for my pole.  I think that gives it a little more prim character.  Now, when I painted the other side of the flags, I wanted them to all be waving the right way.  So that no matter which way they moved around in the bucket they would look correct.  That was so smart of me to think that through, NOT!!!!!  I didn't finish thinking it through.  Now, look:



Now do you see my mistake?  Sure you do.  The pole is on the wrong side of the flag when you turn it around.  That was even thought through!LOL!!!  Oh well!  I figured that if I showed you all my mistake, I might save someone else from doing the same thing.  I am still going to put them all out in my wooden bucket and just display them all facing the proper direction.  If nothing more, it will definitely remind me to REALLY think things all the way through.  I doubt it.  Trust me there will be plenty more errors to follow.  But, to me that is okay.  That's what makes everything I do original.  LOL! 

These really were fun to make and I just love it when you get to the point of staining them.  What a transformation.  It is so neat.  Stuffing these little guys was fun too.  The gluing them closed was a little pain when it came to gluing the pole in place as well.  Definitely use clothes pins and whatever you might have handy.  Over all, this was fun, inexpensive and end result is a really nice piece of prim decor.  The tutorial for this is at White Sheep Farms blog.  I have linked you to there before, she is currently closed so please check back to get the tutorial.  I am not sure if I even followed all the directions.  Here is the link to her site: http://www.whitesheepfarm.com/ .  I hope that you check it out and make up some of these goodes for yourself.

I also wanted to show you the other little project that I have been working on:




Wow, I didn't realize that the picture had come out so blurry.  Oh well, you can see enough to make out the two cute little sheep.  I love sheep.  I wanted to  show you this before I add the ecru to the sheep's body.  I coffee stained this up before I added the ecru.  Another mistake I made before--- Make sure to stain the fabric before the ecru or white get added or they will be the color of your tea or coffee stain.  Don't learn that the hard way......I did that for you. LOL!  This was a free pattern from here:  http://primitivebettys.blogspot.com/  Just go to her left side bar and all her freebies are there.  I have linked you there before as well.  Some of these sites are just so good I can't help but keep going to them.  They are great inspiration and wonderful crafters. 

Sorry I started this post this morning and had to finish it this afternoon.  The day turned out pretty good, overall.  It is starting to get a little cooler out again.  I need to go now and fix supper.  I hope that you all have a nice evening tonight and I will be talking to ya soon.

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug













No comments:

Post a Comment