Tuesday, April 10, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAYS

Hello everyone.  I hope that you all had a great holiday.  We sure did.  It was wonderful, great company, great food, great day!!!!!!

If you are as fortunate as I was, then you too have some leftover ham.  So, I decided to share a quick recipe that I made up for mine.  We love the Reuben sandwiches and this is in honor of those. 

REUBEN CASSEROLE:

1 Lb. macaroni, cooked (I used whole wheat rotini noodles)
1 bottle thousand island dressing (I used the Kens Lite), (use about 1/2 of the bottle to 3/4 of the bottle)
1 can of sauerkraut, drained
leftover ham, chopped--put in as much or as little as you like
1 pkg of shredded swiss cheese or sharp cheese

Lightly spray a 13x9 pan with non-stick spray.  Mix together macaroni, dressing, sauerkraut, and ham.  Adjust the amount of dressing you want to your personal preference.  I like mine to be a little more on the moist and soupy side so I used 3/4 of the bottle in mine.  Pour the mixture into your pan and sprinkle with the cheese.  Pop into the oven and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until bubbly on the sides.  Mine is cooking for supper right now and it smells so yummy!!!!!!

Sorry that this is so late.  I kind of just forgot that today is Tuesday.  Not just Tuesday but, TEMPTATION TUESDAY! 

I have just been taking it a little easy after all the cooking and cleaning and preparing.  Alright, alright, I was just being a little bit lazy these past couple of days. LOL.  Anyway, I am getting back on track and can't wait to show you what I am up to. 

Hope that you all enjoy the recipe.  If you like a Reuben then this is sure to please.  Bonus:  it's quick and easy.  I made mine up this morning and popped it in the oven so it will be steaming when hubby gets home. 

Have a great rest of the day and a nice comfy evening at home.

Warm primitive blessings to you all!
prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment