Tuesday, July 3, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Good morning everyone.  I hope that your day has started off on a good note.  So far mine has.  Today I am planning on having a crafting day with my good friend Nancy.  We have a couple of things planned for the day and hopefully I will remember to take pics so I can share them tomorrow.  Enough about tomorrow, we need to get on with today, right?!

For today's recipe this one came from my sister in law Jen and I haven't had this in a long time.  She made it and had us over, my husband and I loved it and had to have the recipe.  Hope that you all enjoy it as much as we do err....will be soon!!!LOL!

SPAGHETTI PIE

8 oz pkg spaghetti, broken into pieces
2 tbsp butter
1/3 c parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 egg, well beaten
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 med. onion
1/4 c chopped green onion
2 tbsp oil
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 teas sugar
1/2 teas oregano
1/2 teas garlic salt
1 c cottage cheese
4 oz mozzarella cheese

Cook spaghetti as directed and drain.  Place in a 9x13 pan.  Stir in butter, parm cheese, salt, pepper, and egg until thoroughly combined.  Spread mixture evenly in pan.

Saute ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a large skillet until meat is brown; drain.  Stir in spaghetti sauce, sugar, oregano and garlic salt.

Spread cottage cheese over the spaghetti layer in pan and then top with meat mixture.  Bake at 350 for 30 mins.  Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top and bake for an additional 10 mins or until cheese is melted and just begins to brown.  Let stand before cutting.

Tip:  I add in whatever I have on hand for veggies:  mushrooms, summer squash, zucchini etc.  It  just makes it more tasty. 

         I also make this ahead of time sometimes and leave it in the fridge overnight until the next evening to bake up.  It has all that time for the flavors to mingle.  YUMMY!

I hope that you all have a great day.  See you soon!


Warm primitive blessings.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment