Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Hello everyone!!!!!  Sorry I have been away so long.  Still trying to get things under control around here.  They are getting a little better......HOORAY!  I am still hoping for things to be even better and more routine so they don't seem to be a job!  We'll get there!  Anyway, I hope things are going well for all of you out there.  The weather has been good here but, warmer than what I am comfortable in.  Beggars can't be choosers, now can we?  I'll try to be happy with what we have.LOL! 

So, because I have been gone I thought I would continue on with the double recipes for today as well!  I hope that you like these.  These we have tried and love!  One of them has come from my mom and the other from my sweet niece Samantha.  In fact, Samantha just whipped up hers this week end and brought slices over for us to enjoy!  And did we ever!  The hubs has been hinting around for me to make one up so, I guess I am going to do that this week!  And as difficult (LOL) as the recipe is, I will probably make him one any time that he wants! 

The first recipe is from Samantha and it is for a;

BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA

Pizza crust
BBQ sauce  (Love Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ Sauce)
mozzarella cheese
chicken, cooked and cubed with BBQ sauce on it

Assemble it like a regular pizza.  Put BBQ sauce on instead of pizza sauce.  Top with cheese and then add chicken.  Cook for about 15 mins or to desired crispness at 425. 

Seriously for a quick and most delicious supper, serve this up with a side salad.... and yummy!!!


For the next recipe, this one I am putting on here a little late.  I meant to put it on when the strawberries first came out.  Oh well!  Better late than never!

MOM'S GLAZED STRAWBERRY PIE

2/3 c sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp light corn syrup
1 c water
3 tbsp strawberry gelatin
1 qt fresh strawberries, hulled, and large berries quartered or halved
1 baked pie crust
whipped cream

Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan, add syrup and water.  Bring to a boil, cook stirring until mixture is thick and clear.  Add gelatin stirring until dissolved.  Cool.  Put strawberries in pie crust.  Pour sauce mixture over the berries.  Chill.  Spread whipped cream over the top. 

Oh my word, this is so yummy and tastes like summer!!!!!!  You know the strawberry glaze that you can buy to make your strawberry pies?  Well it doesn't hold a candle to this glaze!  Trust me.  This is worth the effort.  It is delicious!  Just make sure to let your pie chill in the fridge for a while so that it can set, that way it won't be runny!   SOOOOOO  GOOOD!

Now you all have two delicious recipes for the day.  I hope that you give them a try and get to enjoy them as much as we do!!!!! 

Have a great day and I hope to be back by the end of the week maybe with a craft......... fingers crossed!

Warm primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment