Tuesday, July 17, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Good morning everyone!  I hope that you all had a great week end and a nice start to your week already.  It is still pretty warm, ok hot around here.  But, nothing like what the rest of the country is going through!  My heart and prayers go out to you all that are suffering in this horrible heat and drought!  We will keep praying for relief and rain for you all!

On a lighter note, today is Temptation Tuesday!  Hooray!  Today I have a couple of new and different recipes.  I think that you will enjoy both of them very much!  They are also quick and easy, just the way we like them.  I also feel that they are very kid friendly, in that  the kids can help create and make both of these and they are sure to enjoy the end results for both of these!

The first recipe I want to share with you is one that my friend Nancy offered me.  She just made one of these up this week end for her sons birthday!  Happy Birthday Derek!  The recipe is for:

NANCY'S MAC-N-CHEESE PIZZA

2 boxes mac-n-cheese (and ingredients to make according to pkg)
2 eggs
15 oz jar spaghetti sauce/pizza sauce (Nancy said that she prefers the pizza sauce because you are making a pizza!  It doesn't want to taste like spaghetti, right?!)  I agree!
1/2lb-3/4lb of mozzarella cheese
toppings (ham, hamburg, pepperoni, veggies, get creative: pickles, broccoli)

Mix your mac-n-cheese as package directs you to.  Add eggs and mix well.  Pour into a 9X13 pan (sprayed with non stick spray, of course.  easy clean up).  Bake for 10 mins. at 350 until the eggs are set.  Spread the sauce, and then cheese.  Add your toppings.  Continue baking at 350 until your cheese is bubbling and your toppings are done. 

Tip:  Nancy also said that if she uses hamburg on hers, she precooks it because it doesn't have enough time to cook through in the oven.

I can't wait to pick stuff up to make this.  It sounds delicious and fun.  I hope that you all give it a go and try it with your family.  Thanks Nancy for sharing this with us. 


For the second recipe today I am using another recipe that I have not tried yet but, will be soon!  I have to go get some groceries today if you hadn't noticed! LOL!  This recipe is from a magazine that my sister and I saw in the doctors office last week.  I don't like to tear out the recipes from the magazines so I snapped a picture of it with my cell phone and tada!  Here it is:

COOL WHIP CHOCOLATE LASAGNA

35 Oreo cookies
6 tbsp butter, melted
1 8oz pkg Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1/4c sugar
2 tbsp cold milk
1 12oz tub Cool whip, thawed and divided
2 pkgs 3.9 oz each, Jello chocolate instant pudding
3 1/4 c cold milk

Process cookies in a food processor until fine crumbs form.  Transfer to a bowl and mix in butter.  Press onto bottom of 13X9 dish.  Refrigerate until ready to use.

Whisk cream cheese, sugar and 2tbsp milk in a med bowl until blended.  Stir in 1 1/4 cups Cool whip.  Spread over crust.

Beat pudding mixes and 3 1/4 cups cold milk with whisk for 2 minutes.  Pour over cream cheese layer.  Let stand for 5 mins or until thickened.  Cover with remaining Cool whip.  Sprinkle additional crushed Oreos if desired.

Refrigerate for 4 hours.

Although I have not made this, YET!  There is still drool on the photo of this in the magazine at the doctors office. LOL!  I am not sure which of us left the bigger pool, me or my sister.  The worst thing that I could have done is acquire the recipe.  But, I did it for you!  That's right, I did this all for you.  It sounds better in my mind if I can say that I didn't get that recipe for me.  I just have to figure out how I am going to justify making one.LOL!  Maybe, for a picture for you!!!!  That's why I need to make one of these.  Thanks!  Too funny!

Well I guess that's all for today.  I hope that you enjoy these recipes.  I know that they both sound delicious to me!  Now I have to go pick up some: mac-n-cheese and pizza sauce, oh and I can't forget the Oreo's and Cool whip (for your photo, of course)!

Have a great day.  I hope to be back on tomorrow and show you a few photos of what I did yesterday.  And, maybe what I will do this afternoon with some Oreos!

Warm primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment