Wednesday, November 28, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY---ON WEDNESDAY AGAIN!!!

Good morning everyone!  I hope that you all had a great week end after the big Turkey day!  It feels like Christmas is coming so quickly, all at once!  I am kind of freakin' out!  Too much to do and not enough time.... never enough money!  Oh well, that's the way it goes.  Don't need what you can't afford.  LOL!!!

On with my late recipes.  I had a really crazy day yesterday and really did not have a chance to post these until today.  (That's not my excuse every week, is it??!!) LOL! True story!!!!

The first recipe I want to share with you is the one that my sister brought home from the physical therapy re-hab center that she goes to during the day a few days a week.  Part of her therapy is cooking so she shared on of her favorites with me.  I made this for supper last night and I am kind of glad that I waited to post about it today.  Now I have made it too and I can fill ya in on what my hubby and I thought of it too......YUMMY!!!!!

LORI'S TACO SALAD

1 head of Iceberg lettuce
1 bar Cracker Barrel sharp cheese
4 tomatoes
1/2 c Miracle Whip
1 #hamburg
1  16oz bottle Catalina dressing--I used the fat free, it tastes just as good!
1 can of kidney beans
1 bag of Doritos

***Okay so now you are understanding the love of this recipe already, right?!!!

Saute the hamburg, drain.  Cut up lettuce and tomatoes, and place in a large bowl.  Add hamburg and kidney beans.  Cut up cheese into small cubes and add to the bowl.  Mix in the Miracle Whip.  Crush Doritos into small pieces (no larger than a half dollar).  Add chips and Catalina dressing just before serving.

Oh my Gosh---this was as good as it sounds.  I am kind of bad though-we don't like the healthiest part-the beans so I left those out.  I did add in an onion and next time I think that I will put in some black olives too.  This was so quick to make up and a fun supper as well.  Give this one a try.  If nothing more the Doritos should at least tempt them to try it.  It worked for me! LOL!!!


The next recipe that I want to share with you all is one that Samantha showed me before Thanksgiving and we decided to try these out for ourselves.  These little yummies were a delicious hit!  They are called Peeta's Stuffed Cheese Buns and you can get the recipe and photo here:   http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2012/08/peetas-stuffed-cheese-buns.html  So the recipe tells you how to make these rolls home made but, I did not have the time to make these so I took a short cut and went to Wal-mart and got frozen Rhodes Dinner Rolls.  These are in a bag and you can feel the frozen little rolls.  They did not come in a tray, they are in a bag, loose.  Anyway, we thawed the rolls out on a greased baking sheet and covered them with non stick sprayed wrap.  After they had thawed, we stuffed them with string cheese.  Yes, I bought some mozzarella string cheese sticks and Samantha cut them into quarters and we stuffed each roll with two quarters of the cheese and then we folded and pinched the cheese in tightly and put them back on the pan.  I also thought that the garlic butter went on before they cooked so that is what we did next and then sprinkled them with some more cheese as per the directions.  We recovered them and let them sit in the refrigerator overnight and baked them right before the meal so they were hot and yummy when we were eating.  (You do not have to put them in the refrigerator overnight but, if you needed to it works out fine).  These were super delicious, because we were able to use a lot of little short cuts, they were quick and easy.  Not only will I make these again.....due to hubby's cravings, I already have.  And so has Samantha!

These recipes are both absolutely worth trying and definitely quick and easy.  I hope that you all get a chance to make some up soon for your families. 

*********Next week I will be sharing the recipe that I get most requests for and have only started sharing it this Fall!!  My Christmas Caramel Corn!  I can't wait to share with you!**************


I hope that you all continue to have a great day.  I am going to try and enjoy the few snow flakes that are falling around here!

Warm and primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment