Tuesday, November 20, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Good morning everyone!  What a crazy and hectic week!  Just remember, we are all in it together!  And we are all doing this to spend a wonderful day with loved ones.  It is so worth it.  I have a couple of quick recipes for you today.  I hope that this first recipe might help you to keep your family happy while you may be preparing the last of your big feast. 

The first recipe is for a party mix, I got the recipe out of a magazine and I have made it several times.  I try to save it for around the holidays because that makes it a little more special when I do make it.  This recipe did not come from the Chex recipes so, I have had a great fear of losing it.  Now I don't have to worry. LOL!  One less thing that I have to think of.

GINGERBREAD PARTY MIX

3 c cinnamon chex
3 c rice chex
1 1/2 c cinnamon graham snacks (like teddy grahams)
6 tbsp butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp crystallized ginger, chopped
1/4 c white vanilla baking chips

In a large microwave bowl (do not use glass---last year when I was making up a batch of this, my glass bowl busted when I took this out of the microwave), add cereals and graham snacks; set aside.  In a small microwave bowl, microwave butter for 40 seconds or until melted.  Stir in cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and vanilla until blended.  Pour over cereal until coated.

Microwave uncovered on high for 5 mins, stirring every 2 mins.  Stir in ginger until blended. 

In a small microwave bowl, microwave vanilla baking chips uncovered on high for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.  Drizzle over snack.  Let stand until set.  Store in airtight container.

Oh my gosh, this is so yummy!!!!  If you could ask my family they would tell you the same thing.  It is a quick fix and has alot of good flavor.  We really enjoy it. 

For the second recipe I have chosen one that I got from the Food Network.  I saw this on TV and it looked so good that I had to make some up the very next day.  It was delicious!

CHOCOLATE RICE PUDDING

2/3 c white rice
3 c whole milk
1/2 c sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 c chocolate chips  ( I used white chips---WOW---that was good, next I want to try it with 
                                                     butterscotch chips----YUMMMMMM)
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a medium pot, bring 1 1/3 c water to a boil.  Add the rice, cover and turn the heat to low.  Cook until all the water has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.  Let cool until warm.

To the pot with the rice, stir in the milk, sugar and salt.  Bring to a simmer, turn the heat to low and cook until the mixture is thickened, about 10 mins.  (It took alot longer than that when I made mine)!  Remove from the heat, stir in the chips and vanilla and let rest for 5 mins.  Serve warm or cover and cool in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. 

Tip----- If you use the white chips and refrigerate any leftovers, the leftovers form a grittiness to them.  But, when you reheat the pudding it loses that grit.  And is smooth again.  My mom said that she thought it must be to do with the oils in the white chocolate...makes sense white chocolate can be difficult to melt down at times.  Just thought that I would share that info with you all.

I hope that you can give these recipes a shot.  We obviously love them and hope that you and your family will too!  Two more days til Turkey Day!  Have a good afternoon and happy cooking to you all! 

Warm and primitive blessings to you all!

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment