Monday, March 12, 2012

PROJECT DONE

Hey everyone. 
First off, the weather here today is gorgeous.  Hooray for Spring!!!!!!!!  Don't you just love the way spring makes everyone smile, and just plain feel happier?  I think it brings such a feeling of hope and happiness to all.  Of course the warmer weather, the sun shining , and the days being longer------who wouldn't be happier with all that, right?!

Anyway, so now I am going to go way off track from spring with the project that I have tried and finished.  I apologize for this.  Sorry!!!!!  It's just that he looked sooo cute and fun to make that I just had to do it. 

So, my niece and I both decided that we would each make a Christ Mouse that I had seen the tutorial for a little while ago.  We took some pics and I will post those on here as well as where the tutorial came from. This project was easy, fun, and we just loved the end result.  Bonus:  we both have a great new prim Christmas decoration for next year already----and you can too!!!!  This craft was explained with very good directions and easy to follow.  I would highly recommend this to all!  And, it is even better if you make one with a friend.  All crafting is better that way.  


this one is mine

this is mine totally finished with rusty bell and spanish moss

tried to get a close-up with both of them

again this is the both of them

this one is Samantha's

here they both are



Did you happen to notice the adorable little patch that Samantha put on hers.  I think that was an awesome addition to her little hat.  The day that we crafted my bells were not totally rusted yet so that is why we did not have photos of the two of them complete.  I also did not have any spanish moss but, thanks to a good friend (you know who you are) I got some the next day.  Gotta love the friends we have.  Especially the prim ones!!!!!!  

Okay so the blog that I got the tutorial from is here:

I would only make one suggestion on this tutorial.  That would be when you are making the ears for the mouse.  I would hot glue a little dab on the bottom of the piece for the ear and squeeze to form the shape that you want and then glue the ear onto the head.  When we tried to do ours it got to be a little tricky and messy with the glue, shaping the ear and trying to stick it to the head all at the same time. You may not have any trouble but, that was the only part of this that we had a little difficulty with.  I hope that this will help to motivate anyone out there that might have thought they couldn't make anything because they "aren't crafty enough".  I say no such thing as not being crafty enough.  These were a great project to start with. 


Anyway, I need to get going now.  Just to let you all know, I will be back in season with some new crafts and projects soon.  Make sure to check in tomorrow for my Temptation Tuesday.  Have a great night all.

Prim blessings to you all!

Prim_bug

3 comments:

  1. Totally awesome mouse! That little guy is coming up real soon on my project list. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nancy,
      I hope to see a photo of your version of him as well. I think that you are going to find that he not only is adorable but he is also fun to make!

      Delete
  2. They are awesome aren't they. Best of all they were fun to make and we have a new decoration for Christmas 2012.

    ReplyDelete