Tuesday, March 13, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAYS

Good day all!
Well it's looking like it's gonna be another beautiful day here today.  I just checked my outdoor thermometer it said it's 64.  I think it's a little off because it is somewhat in the sunlight but, still it's nice enough for me.  It started off a bit cloudy this morning but she sure does have potential to be a good one.  That ole sun keeps trying to pop out from behind the clouds.  Hopefully the sun wins!

Anyway, about the recipe that I want to share with you all today.  It is one that I have recently stumbled across here on the computer.  I wanted to try to stick with recipes that I have, that have been shared through family.  This recipe is just quick and easy and my family really enjoys it.  So, I thought it worthy of sharing with you all today. 

CHUCKWAGON WHEELS

2 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tsp sugar
1/2 c shortening
2/3 c milk
1 can corned beef hash/ roast beef hash
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
white gravy----I use McCormick original country gravy mix.  It comes in a red pkg and is found with all the pot roast seasonings, taco seasonings and other gravies.
*optional*  I also cooked up eggs to put on top of our chuckwagon wheels to make this an even heartier meal.

Sift together all dry ingredients.  Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until it looks like coarse crumbs.  Pour milk in all at once.  Mix quickly with a fork until dough follows around the bowl.  Do not over mix!  Dough will be sticky.  Dump dough out onto a well floured board and knead lightly 6 to 10 times and dough is smooth.  You may have to add a bit more flour to keep dough from sticking.  Roll out to a rectangle shape about 1/4" thick.  Spread one can of hash over the dough.  Sprinkle the cheese on top of hash.  Roll up and slice 1" thick.  Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 mins. 

While these are baking, I cook my eggs and make up my gravy.  When the wheels are done, I serve them with the eggs on top and then pour the gravy over them.  These are so quick n easy.  My family really enjoys this new found recipe and I hope that your family will too.

These also can be made without the hash, cheese, gravy and eggs.  Just for biscuits--this recipe has been around apparently for over 40 yrs.  hint-hint- that's when you know it's real good!  You also can make the Country Roll-Ups version which is basically the same idea only sweeter.  You make it with butter, cinnamon, and sugar. 

I want to thank the oldfarmhousecookingblogspot for these delicious recipes.  You can find them here:  http://oldfarmhousecooking.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-11-06T17:52:00-06:00&max-results=7&start=28&by-date=false

Before I let you all go, I appreciate all of you for stopping by to see what's coming next.  Thanks for the support and I really do enjoy the comments.  So, if you are out there peeking in please feel free to drop a note to me.  I would really love to hear from you all.  And then for my part- I will try to get back to you as well.  I haven't done so well yet not because I am too busy.  Noooooo but, because I am still trying to figure this darn computer out and how to blog, how to add pictures (without having a meltdown because they all loaded sideways and I had no idea how to fix that)LOL!  Long story short I am still learning so please bear with me.  Thank you for your patience.

And I also wanted to send out a huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! to Samantha, my niece.  If not for her, none of this would be happening (and if it somewhat did-  all your photos would be posted sideways)!   So thank you again Samantha for helping me sooooooo much. 

Have a wonderful day all.  I am off to hopefully finish my eggs that I have been working on.........all 60 of them.  That's for another day soon!!

Warm primitive blessings to you all!
prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment