Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Temptation Tuesdays

I wanted to start a special day of the week for a recipe day.  I was trying to be a  little different than the other gals blogs.  That being said, I decided tuesdays would now become "TEMPTATION TUESDAYS".   I know......sounds delicious right?   Well let's hope that I can deliver.  This recipe is for a special request from my special follower.  You know who you are!!!!!   This recipe has been around for quite sometime but, I think that it is one we all sometimes forget about.  This is the perfect time of year to remind you of it.  My sister was the first one to introduce it into our family and we have enjoyed it for many years.  So here is:


ORANGE SODA POP CAKE

1 yellow cake mix
Cook as directed in a 13x9 pan

While cake is still warm poke small holes all over the top of the cake (we have used small paint brush ends, forks. cake testers, you get the idea, right?!). 

2 sm pkgs. orange jell-o dissolved in 1 1/2 cups boiling water
add 8 oz. orange pop

Now pour pop mixture over warm cake

While cake finishes cooling make frosting

1 Lg container cool-whip
1 sm box vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk

Add milk into pudding mix well then fold in your cool whip.  Now you can frost your cake.  I cover mine with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours.  This is so delicious after it has absorbed all the flavors into the cake.  It makes a gel in places.  And the frosting is so light and fluffy.  Makes me tempted to go make one right now. 

note:  this can also be made with other flavors of pop and jell-o too!  ex: grape jell-o n pop or strawberry jell-o n pop or be creative and mix n match a few flavors. 

enjoy!

I also wanted to let you all know that I have been doing a little bit of crafting and I will be trying to post some pics and let you see how they have all turned out.  My niece came over and we crafted a cute little Christmas mouse.  I know---everyone wants to jump into spring which is fine .  If I want Christmas crafts done though I am a huge procrastinator so I need to start now.  Don't laugh---really it's not funny.  It's kind of sad.  Oh alright go ahead n laugh.  It really is sad though. 

Well I must get going but I will try to get on within the next couple of days to start showing some of the crafts that I/we have been working on.  Have a great day wherever you are.

Warm primitive blessings
prim_bug

2 comments:

  1. Well I will be making this quite sooon! ^_^ Thank you for putting it on here. And I am a special little follower aren't I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You most definitely are! All of my followers are! When you make this you should send me a photo so that I can put it up on here. I know that I myself would love to drool over the photo.

      Delete