Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Good cold Tuesday morning to you all.  Brrrrrrrrr.  That wind is crazy cold again today.  Now look, I am a good solid person and wind that wind starts blowing enough to tip me a little --------you know it's a good wind.  YIKES!!

I am sitting here sipping on my coffee.  Have any of you tried Dunkin Donuts Strawberry Shortcake coffee.  Oh my word, it's delicious.  Sorry, I tend to get off track.  Okay so, I was sipping my coffee and trying to decide on what recipe I should post for you next.  Last night my husband said that I should post one of his favorites...............what isn't his favorite.  He is a very easy to please man.  And of course, everything that I make is "the best he ever had".  I am not complaining at all!  But, aren't most men like that?  You know, their wife makes the best whatever.  My husband is so like that, and it makes me so happy that he is that proud of what I make.  I know that you all are like that too because, no matter where you go  you always hear a man saying "make sure that you try what Betty brought, she makes the best peach pie".  For me, it makes me happy to please him but, even more happy to make him proud of the effort that I put into it as well.  Long story short........I love my hubby!!!!

I suppose you would all like the next recipe right?  It's nothing elaborate but, it is a good quick casserole and tasty too.  Even kids like this one because of the hot dogs.  So here it is:


HOT DOG CASSEROLE

4 or 5 potatoes, cubed
1 or 2 onions, sliced
6-8 hot dogs, sliced
1 bag of frozen peas
3 Tbsp butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
salt and pepper
shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.

Cook potatoes onion s and hot dogs all in a large pot together.  Just before they are done cooking I throw in the bag of frozen peas.  When done drain into large colander. 

In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter and then add soup and mustard.  Mix well.

I usually pour the potato mix right into the casserole dish and then dump the soup mixture over the top and mix it all up in the casserole dish.  You can mix the potato mix and the soup mix in a separate bowl to make sure that it all mixes up well.  I just like less dishes, and as many times as I have made this I have never had a problem with it not getting all mixed in.  But, the choice is yours.  When everything is mixed and in the dish I salt and pepper it and then sprinkle on the cheese.  That's it!  Simple and yet very filling and hot.  On a cold night it is very satisfying. 

This recipe is very versatile.  You can change out anything you want, believe me I have.  I have used broccoli instead of peas.  I have used turkey kielbasa instead of hot dogs.  I have increased the potatoes when company stops by or decreased the hot dogs when I haven't had enough on hand.  I have pretty much altered this recipe by whatever I have.  And it works every time. 

I hope that you all give it a try and love it as much as...............my husband does!!  Thanks for stopping in and I hope that you all have a wonderful day.

warm primitive blessings to you all
prim_bug 

No comments:

Post a Comment