Tuesday, June 19, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Hello again.  Sorry it has been a week since I was last on here.  Things have been quite hectic and seem to get busier each day.  Like you all don't know it and live it too! LOL!  Anyway, this will probably be the only post that I do for this week.  Tuesdays are really simple for me because all I have to do is find another recipe and post it for you all.  I hope that everyone out there is trying and enjoying these.  I have heard from some of you and they seem to be a success so far.  This makes me very happy.  I love to hear from you if you try something and love it or hate it.  Maybe you have a suggestion like Nancy did on the strawberries, she suggested trying other jello flavors as well.  She will soon be trying them in grape and I think that orange or lemon would be delicious as well. Thanks for the tip Nancy! 

Okay, so where last weeks double recipe day was a hit, I thought that I would put two more simple ones on for today.  I hope that you enjoy these.  We use both of them at alot of our get-togethers.  I hope that they become a part of your get-togethers as well.

CROCK POT KIELBASA

24 oz.  chili sauce
20 oz.  currant jelly
20 oz.  grape jelly
2 or more kielbasa  (I normally buy the turkey kielbasa and I use at least three of them)

From here the recipe starts getting real difficult;  put all your sauce and jellies into the crock pot and mix well.  Slice the kielbasa into desired size pieces.  Put kielbasa into the crock with the sauce and jelly, stir.  Cook on low temp for a few hours. 

I told you this was a tough recipe to follow!  LOL!!!!! 

Tip:  Before I put my jelly and sauce in the crock pot I give it a quick squirt of non-stick spray.  Helps with the sticky clean up.




EASY OREO TRUFFLES

1  16oz pkg Oreo's, divided
1  8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2  8oz pkgs bakers white chocolate, melted

Crush 9 cookies in food processor to fine crumbs, reserve for later.  Crush remaining 36 cookies in food processor to fine crumbs and place in a bowl.  Add cream cheese and mix well, until well blended.  Roll into 42 balls. 
Dip balls into melted white chocolate and place onto wax paper.  Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbles. 
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
ENJOY!

This recipe was one that I got off the internet a few years ago.  It is absolutely scrumptious.  Don't say that I didn't warn you that these are highly addictive though. 

Tip:  Whenever you melt white chocolate, make sure not to get any water in the chocolate.  It will freeze right up on you.....talking from experience here-trust me.  I also have seen on pkgs where it says to add a little oil in with the chocolate while it melts and I have done that before and it seems to work well. 


I hope that you will all enjoy these and have a great week.  I hope to be back next week with some new crafts and get back on track.  Tomorrow is the first day of summer and I hope it starts off well for all of you out there! 

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment