Tuesday, June 5, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Good morning again everyone.  It's Temptation Tuesday already.  It seems like I just posted one yesterday.  That tells you how fast time flies by me right!  Oh well, so it does.  Anyway this will be a short post I have some stuff I need to go and do this morning.  I also want to send out a good luck wish to someone special and she knows who she is and what this is for. 

So, for the recipe for today, I have decided on doing actually two small recipes.  One is for a dip and the other is one of my husbands favorite treats his mother always made around the holidays.

CRAB RANGOON DIP

8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c shredded swiss cheese
2 tsp garlic

Mix these ingredients and then put them in the bottom of a small microwave safe bowl.

Add;  2/3 c sweet n sour sauce

Add; 8 oz can of crab meat

Microwave until bubbly; then stir.

This dip is delicious with crackers but would be even better with won ton strips fried up.  YUM!!!


STRAWBERRIES

1 7oz. pkg. sweetened coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 pkg strawberry jello  (you will need two sm pkgs jello total)
confectioners sugar

Mix first three ingredients above and add confectioners sugar until you can handle the mix.  Form into balls and roll into another package of strawberry jello. 

Place into a container and cover so that they can be refrigerated.  These are so yummy and this is the time of year when everyone is awaiting the fresh berries.  this should help tide you over until the fresh one's start to come up.

Tip:  Try this recipe using other flavored jellos as well....orange, grape, lemon, lime, mix and match.

I hope that you all enjoy these recipes.  Have a great day and I hope to be back tomorrow.

Warm primitive blessings.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment