Tuesday, May 29, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Happy Tuesday all!!  I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday week-end.  It was a good start to the week-end weather wise but, on Monday the weather didn't cooperate with us that well.  It was okay though because we still went on with our plans, come rain or shine.  Everything went great until I served my raw burgers....YUCK!  I thought they were done but....Not!   I guess I need to hone in on my grilling a little well alot more!  Everyone was polite about it and I just started re-cooking.  In the end we had a great time.  Thanks to all who were here! 

So, today is TEMPTATION TUESDAY again.  What's the recipe  going to be for today, hmmmm!  Well I decided on one that I had found in a Rachel Ray magazine last summer I believe.    (This recipe has been modified to what I like and is not the exact recipe that was in the magazine). It is scrumptious and easy to make on the nights when it gets hotter out and you don't want to eat anything too heavy and you definitely don't want to spend the evening baking.  The recipe for today is:


B. L. T. PIZZA

1 store bought pizza dough ball
3/4 c grape tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, thinly sliced------I have used scallions chopped instead, they work great too
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp in the terms of Rachel Ray E V O O  (extra virgin olive oil)
salt and pepper
1 c feta cheese (I used the one with sun dried tomato and basil-----delicious)
1 c shredded swiss cheese
1 bag romaine lettuce
1 # bacon, cooked and broken in pieces

Prepare dough as the pkg directs you to.  Drizzle dough with 1 tbsp olive oil.  During the last 5 minutes of dough baking cover it with the swiss cheese and feta cheese. 

In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, onions, garlic, and 1 tbsp of olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Add romaine to mix and toss to dress.

Top the pizza with the tomato mix, then top with the bacon.

Enjoy!!!  This is a delicious fix and a new twist on two old favorites.  We love this pizza.  I think it's because of all the bacon.  If I recall in the original recipe there was only supposed to be like 4 pieces!  Lol!   We like bacon!  You can use whatever amount suits you and your family.  Just give it a try it's truly a yummy supper.

I hope that you all enjoy the recipe and try to enjoy the rest of your day.  I hope to be back tomorrow and show you some progress on my needle punch.  It is the funnest.  Seriously, if you have never tried it and you love the look of rug hooking but, that is kind of pricey.  Try needle punch.  I'll chat more on it tomorrow.

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I also like those little BLT's you make in finger rolls. They were a big hit at my wedding.

    ReplyDelete