Tuesday, May 15, 2012

TEMPTATION TUESDAY

Happy Temptation Tuesday everyone!  I was undecided as to which recipe I was going to use today but I think that the one that I have chosen will be quite enjoyable for you all!  The last recipe was a sweet so I thought that this one should not!  I know, I know that is no fun but, let me tell you, this one is yummy!  What am I talking about?  They all are! 

Before I post the recipe I just wanted to let you know that I am going to try to do needle punch.  Very scary.   I have never done that and the only thing that I have seen is a couple of short little tutorials on you tube.  So, my big plan for the next few days is to attack my little kit.  Wish me lots of luck because I know I am going to need it.  First off, apparently there is not much of a demand for this stuff in my area.  After looking around, in one fabric shop they said they had a small selection.  I was so excited!  They offered two types of needle kits.  And, they had three (yes, I said THREE), needle punch kits.  One of them was a leaf, one was a vase with some flowers, and the other which I purchased was a rooster. The woman that was working said we don't have a lot but there are a few pieces.  Well, she had just enough for a beginner like me.  So, here's a picture of my rooster package....waiting to be opened.... waiting to be attempted....... waiting for me.   Yeah, now you get the picture.  I am going to do this and I promise you that I will show it to you no matter what the outcome.  Just please understand never done this before and this should be very interesting to say the least.  Here it is:   
For not having a huge selection I thought that this was perfect and prim looking.  I did not realize that the finished size of this little project was going to be so small.  It is only 3 3/8 x 3 3/8.  Not that I wanted a huge one.  This one will probably be more than I can handle.  I really hope that I like to do this though.  The blogs that I have read and other comments from crafters have said that it is very relaxing and enjoyable.  Those qualities sound very inviting to me.  For those of you out there that have not tried this yet but have wanted to.  I would encourage you to try it as well.  We can learn it together. 

Now for the recipe.  For today I decided I would put a recipe for fish.  I hate the taste of fish but my mom gave me this recipe for haddock and it is the only way that I will eat fish.  So, if you are a picky eater and not big on fish maybe you should give this one a try too.  For those of you who love fish I think that you will enjoy this one.  This is another quick fix meal.  There are only a few ingredients and you pop it in the oven 30 mins later it's on the table.  Yummy!

MOM'S HADDOCK

2 haddock fillets
mayonnaise
stuffing mix, prepared
bay seasoning
salt and pepper

Spray a 13x9 pan with non stick spray.  Lay down your haddock fillets on the bottom of the pan.  Sprinkle each with salt and pepper.  I have just found bay seasoning and I love it.  I sprinkle that all over the fish.  If you are not familiar with the seasoning and you put it on heavily, your food will be a little hot (spicy).  I learned that one the hard way.  ( I am the type that if I like something, well then I should pour it on, not sprinkle......that's how the whole family learned. LOL)!!!!!  After you have seasoned  your fish you cover it with mayonnaise.  At first I thought this was disgusting too!  It's not though.  It is what helps keep the fish moist and gives it a great flavor.  I use the olive oil mayonnaise and it works fine.  You need to put the mayo all over the top of the fish.  If you haven't prepared your box of stuffing mix you need to do that now.  I usually start that before I prepare the fish, and I cook it in the microwave so that it saves time.  When the stuffing is ready, I plop it onto the fillets and try to spread it around as evenly as I can.  Put it in the oven on 350 and bake it for 30 mins.  It comes out perfect every time.  It really is simple, delicious and quick.  Those all work well for me and I hope that you try it and love it too! 

Warm primitive blessings to you all.

prim_bug

No comments:

Post a Comment